I Never Thought Of Running For A Political Office – Abdullahi-Iya

Ahead of the 2019 general election, Khadija Abdullahi-Iya, who happens to be the running mate of the presidential candidate of the Alliance for New Nigeria, Fela Durotoye, on Thursday, stated that she had never thought of running for a political office.

Abdullahi-Iya, revealed this during an interview with Punch. She claimed that she never saw herself contesting for political office because she did not see herself as a politician.

She stated that she however changed her mind when her husband and others prevailed on her to give it a trial.

She said, “I couldn’t resist the offer when my husband and everyone dear to me urged me to give it a trial.

“Also, when I went for the ANN’s retreat in Abuja, I saw that all the candidates that presented themselves were doing something for their communities.

“I could resonate to all they were saying and I felt I was among people who shared the same vision as me. I felt at home at the retreat. I felt everyone there was an intellectual, and I could feel the passion in the room. Everyone wanted to do something for the country.”



source https://www.naijanews.com/2018/11/23/i-never-thought-of-running-for-a-political-office-abdullahi-iya/

Post a Comment

0 Comments