2023 Presidency: El-Rufai Distances Self From Campaign Posters

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has distanced himself from the campaign posters spotted in the Federal Capital Territory.

Naija News had earlier reported that posters of the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi and El-Rufai was seen in Abuja, last week.

The messages on the posters read: “The People’s choice,” “Today may not be the best, but tomorrow will be better”.

The Kaduna State Governor while speaking with State House Correspondents after meeting with Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo on Friday at the Presidential Villa noted that he has no knowledge about the posters.

El-Rufai further stated that the former Governor of Rivers State has also denied knowing about the posters.

“I don’t know who is printing those posters, wasting his or her money printing posters. I heard about them. I called Minister, Amaechi, and asked him whether he knew anything about them; he said he didn’t know.”

“I think we need to trace who is doing it and ask that person. I am governor of Kaduna State; I have job to do. I haven’t delivered on the promises I made to the people of Kaduna State. Until I do that I don’t want to discuss anything.”

When asked if he had been approached to contest in 2023, he said, “I am in politics. People will approach you, but whether they are genuine or not is another matter and whether you are interested or not is another matter.”



source https://www.naijanews.com/2020/11/07/2023-presidency-el-rufai-distances-self-from-campaign-posters/

Post a Comment

0 Comments