COVID-19: Minister of Information Contracts Coronavirus

coronavirus

The Zambia Minister of Information and Broadcasting, Hon. Dora Siliya, has contracted the deadly coronavirus (COVID-19).

In a video she released on Saturday, the Minister disclosed that she has gone into self-isolation.

According to the Zambian Minister, despite adhering to health directives she still tested positive for coronavirus.

He said: “In the last three months, I have been very involved in risk communication in the fight against coronavirus.

”However, I regret to announce that even after taking all precautions like washing my face, hand, masking and observing social distancing as much as possible, yesterday I tested positive for COVID-19.

“I immediately went into self-isolation as I am asymptomatic. I have alerted the Ministry of Health and I also gave them all my contacts especially in the last 10 days.”

Hon. Siliya urged Zambians to work with health professionals and observe social distancing in a bid to curb the spread of the coronavirus.

She also advised everyone to remove their mask with care to avoid self contamination.



source https://www.naijanews.com/2020/05/24/covid-19-minister-of-information-contracts-coronavirus/

Post a Comment

0 Comments